Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

I also have a Singer 15-91 in a wooden cabinet. It was my

Customer Question
I also have a Singer...
I also have a Singer 15-91 in a wooden cabinet. It was my mother's and it is in very good condition.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/23/2015
Appraiser: Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Thank you for the request here.
The only items I do not assess for value are clocks, coins, watches, sewing machines, swords and firearms.
I will opt-out here and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Appraiser: Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
.
The Singer 15-91 in a Wooden Cabinet has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $500.00-625.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!

Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Hello
Hi, I'm just checking in to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help!"
If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you? I would be happy to address that.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Glenda B.
Glenda B.