Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

I have framed lithographs (or they may be prints of lithographs),

Customer Question
approximately 16"x 24" of...
I have framed lithographs (or they may be prints of lithographs), approximately 16"x 24" of ***** ***** and Abraham Lincoln. i inherited them, along with many other items, from my mother who had an antique shop (Lamb's Antiques) in our home in Paris, Illinois until her death in 1969. These are so impressive that they really should be in a bank or other similar institution. What is the best way to find out what they are worth?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appraisals
5/23/2015
Appraiser: Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature and/or small print, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora