Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

Cake / cookie plate, 2teaplates, 2 cups and 2 saucers, translucent,

Customer Question
no manufactures name. Each...
Cake / cookie plate, 2teaplates, 2 cups and 2 saucers, translucent, no manufactures name. Each piece numbered. Approx age 75 yrs. white with mauve/ pink floral design ang gold / gilt edges as well as same trim around the circle where the cup sits in the saucer. Photos available
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appraisals
5/8/2015
Appraiser: twinb1201, Appraiser & Author replied 2 years ago
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser & Author
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with this question.

Please add a picture of the marks on the back of one plate.

Go to http://www.imgur.com

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.
I use an iPad and figure out to paste here. Wish you would keep it simple as on the first attachment markings are hand written numbers ie. 104
Looking for the value of this set.
HI Gwen,
I'm not sure what you mean. I don't control anything here at the site. I just answer questions.

If using Imgur.com doesn't work for you, here are two other methods:

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.
HI again, Gwen,
I see we're talking about a set that has no manufacturer's name or trademark, so I guess the pictures will be pointless.

From what I can see in your picture, this is hand painted bone china, most likely English, made before the turn of the 20th century.

If all your pieces are in perfect condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your set is approximately CAD$185. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of 40% of the retail amount, or CAD$75, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Gwen. If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

Please keep in mind I am only compensated by the site for my answer if you rate me positively.

You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.

Thank you so much!
Hi Gwen,
I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only compensated when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.
twinb1201
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser & Author