Appraisals

Need an online appraisal? Ask an appraisal Expert

hello guys, anyone could tell me about a pocket watch with…

Customer Question
hello guys, anyone could tell me...
hello guys,
anyone could tell me about a pocket watch with this information:
remontoir
ancre ligne droite
chaton
18
rubis
n°29651
spiral Breguet
it's made of gold 100%
Thank you very much
Etienne
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Appraisals
11/25/2013
Appraiser: Michelle, Antiques Appraiser replied 4 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Antiques Appraiser
Thank you for your question. It is my pleasure to assist you.

It would be most helpful if I could see a photo of the front and back of the watch.

Also, if you open the back so that you can see the works of the watch is there any text, if so can you please tell me what it says?

Does the watch function?

Here are ways to get photos to me -

Go to http://tinypic.com

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.
OR

You can email photos to [email protected] with my name, "Michelle in antiques and appraisals" and they will be forwarded to me. It can take several hours for me to get the photos depending upon how busy the site is. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Thank you, Michelle

i just send you a message but not sure i followed the right way?

I just went back through all of my email and the photos have not been forwarded to me

Here is the email address [email protected] and in the subject line put forward to Michelle in antiques and appraisals.

I will keep an eye out for them.

Michelle
If you have the additional information on the watch such as any text on the works you can come back to this page and type it in.

Thank you, Michelle

hello Michelle

the watch is now being cleaned up, i can't supply pics.

it's very similar to this one (the top is not white like a lot of them):

http://www.tsangarakis.com/eshop/rologia/rologia-tsepis/product/?p=K002182

Except mine has:

-roman number, on the top

-12 hours instead of 24

-no chronometer

This one is very close too, except mine with yellow surface at the top:

http://forumamontres.forumactif.com/t123134p300-ici-vos-demandes-d-identification-de-montres-de-poches

I will go take a look and do some research for you.

Thank you, Michelle
Relist: I still need help.
Appraiser: Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster replied 4 years ago
Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Appraiser & Adjuster
Experience: Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.

My name is Alan and I have been asked to assist you Etienne!

I am a Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster, Accredited AOA Appraiser, and an IRS Qualified Appraiser. It will be my pleasure to put my expertise, libraries & resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

I appreciate your patience while I conducted my research and prepared this answer for you. I saw that you needed a value and assumed it was Market Value; the most up-to-date price range to expect if sold today. This is estimated using the prices that buyers have recently paid and sellers have accepted in the open and competitive market.

Searching auction house records and library databases provided recent sales results of qualified market comparable items. Using these I was able to determine the average market value minimum and maximum for you.

These recent completed sales gave your Ancre Ligne Droite Remontoir pocketwatch a current market value of $300 - $600.
As always, the price you are able to sell for may vary depending on venue, condition, market variances, and more.

I would recommend a starting asking price of $700 so that you can reduce if necessary since Market Value represents what someone was willing to pay for an asset, not the amount it was offered for. Please let me know if you would like Insurance value as well.
Please let me know if this is the information you were looking for and reply with any questions now or any time in the future. If you are satisfied, please let me know by rating my answer for my compensation and to close out the question. Thank you kindly Etienne.

I try to always provide Excellent Service, so if you have any other items, just say Hello Alan at the beginning of your new question. Thank you again!

Sincerely,

Appraiser Alan

Online Appraisal Answer Disclaimer

Please let me know if you have any more questions or if need more time to review. If there is there anything else I can help you with, please let me know. I look forward to your reply or rating. Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Alan