Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Nora, I have a Laurel Burch necklace...I think; it could

Nora,

I have a Laurel Burch necklace...I think; it could be wishful thinking. I looked her up, and in the 60's she was making jewelry by hand. Her bios all say she used pieces of metal and pretty much whatever she could find to make her jewelry. When I look up her costume jewelry mark, it says in the 60's, she use "Laurel" as her mark (which is what the clasp of the beaded necklace says), but there is no picture of her first mark. She switched to the cursive "Laurel Burch" in the 70's.

Shall I send you a picture?

Sally

Hi, I'm Josie and I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Hi Sally!

Yes, please send over pictures.

I was just checking in and was informed of your request, thanks!

I will check out the images tomorrow when I am signed back in again.

"See" you tomorrow.

Cheers,
Nora
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the pictures, Sally.

Let me do some research, and I will get back to you with an assessment.

Cheers,
Nora
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure thing.

Thanks!
Hi Sally,

Thank you for your patience.

Yes, this is a vintage 1960’s Laurel Burch necklace.

Here is a link to a necklace from that period with the original paper tag from San Francisco. If you look close in the photos, you will see the stamped “Laurel” clasp matches.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/101454029/vintage-laurel-burch-silver-dragonfly

Appears her necklaces from the 1960’s sell for $45 - $145, depending on the metal quality of the pendants. Her style had an Egyptian influence at that time, and your piece has a talisman type of design subject with the various charms.

Let me know if you have additional questions on your vintage Laurel Burch necklace.

Sincerely,
Nora
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX her early style better than her massively licensed signature items.

Sally

Hi Sally,

Thanks again for the positive rating!

Yes, her early pieces were all handmade by her and not at a manufacturer. They are more personal, raw and all one-of-a-kind.

Enjoy it!

Nora
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just realized as I'm cataloging all this stuff that my daughter inherited 3 of these LAUREL originals.

In your opinion, if my Nora wants to sell them, are they more valuable as a 3-some, or should they be sold one at a time?