Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

yes i puechased a 5sp beach cruiser on ebay for and 165 and

have searched the internet trying...
yes i puechased a 5sp beach cruiser on ebay for and 165 and have searched the internet trying to find the year of the bike.on the chainguard it says cruiser the downtube says schwinn the shifter is on the handlebar the s/n is LY900002 bike is in very good condition.saw in the process of trying to get tana pics and i lost her tellher im sorry thank you kenny
10/18/2013
Josie-Mod

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

green-owl
Hello, i will try to find that information for you and come back with the result.

im still waiting on a response as to what year the bike is. the s/n is LY900002 and is a 5 speed Schwinn beach cruiser I picked up on ebay for $165 the bike is in good shape and the five speed controller is on the handlebar cant get them to upload on the computer but can on my phone if you want to give me a number ill send them that way

Can you tell me where on the bike is the serial number. Also do you see a 4 number digit on the company logo?

the bike is still in Arizona but he will let me know for sure in a couple of hours but he thinks its under the crank I can send photos through my phone

Unless you can't upload the picture somewhere i won't be able to see them. Also if you can let me know if the headbadge have a 4 digit number on it (or not) it would be useful.

Just from the look of it, you estimate it around what time?

he gets off work in about 2 hrs

"Just from the look of it, you estimate it around what time?"

I was talking about the bike :)

In any case i will try to be around in 2-3h.

im thinking 5 but he thinks the s/n is under the crank did the pictures not come through?

I don't know when Schwinn went to the handlebar shift and not down by the goose neck there is no four letter code on the front badge.the bike seems around an eighties but the Schwinn stickers look around the 70s

Nope, have not saw your picture.

The part that give me trouble is the "Y" Perhaps i could interpret the serial differently with pictures.

I just talked to him he said the number is XXXXX the crank and is the s/n I gave you.there are no numbers on the front badge.im thinking when did they change shifting to thumb on handlebar and not lever on gooseneck it might still show on ebay the item # XXXXX

This is a 1979 and it seem to be the last with the speed changer that way:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee35/wop1956/IMG_1851.jpg

The serial does not return me anything from this tool:
http://schwinncruisers.com/serial-number.html
And they mention covering up to 1982.

I don't think it is a 90 or 91.
It must be 80's. I have a hard time to find an exact match, all those that i look at have something a bit different in the lettering. Sorry that i can't be more accurate.
green-owl

the bike turned out to be a mid nineties bike but thanks

That would explain why it was not registering in the database or in any of my model number chart. It also explain why the lettering was not corresponding to any known year i looked (including images from catalogs).

The company closed in 1992 and was bought by his current owner in 2001. Perhaps some models were manufactured in-between. In anycase, nice to see the mystery solved.

im good with my question and what do I need to do so im not charged after the 7 day period?

You may refer to the subscription possible to get. I will let a note for management to make sure that this was a 1 question thing only.
green-owl
green-owl
green-owl