Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

Im seeking a retail store value on a lighted U.S. Post Office

I'm seeking a retail store...
I'm seeking a retail store value on a lighted U.S. Post Office sign made by the Sign Lite Corporation of North Haven, Connecticut in 1989. I include a Flickr page link to photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/clancette/sets/72157635736073664/ I didn't measure the sign but it is at least five feet wide if not wider by several feet tall. It sits on a base of two legs. It lights up beautifully, though the photos don't do it justice, especially on the eagle head. I bought the sign at a warehouse auction in Baltimore, Maryland. I don't know anything else about it.
9/22/2013
Josie-Mod

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

I could still use an answer. I'm totally stumped on this piece.

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

.

To view the answer, you will need to be logged in to the Just Answer web site from your computer. You cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.

.

The Sign Lite Corporation of North Haven, Connecticut has been making lighted signs since the 1960's they have made lighted signs for several large companies, such as the postal service as well as smaller local signs for customers.

.

The Vintage Postal Sign has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of $350.00-375.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country..( Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities. )

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias, which is on the same scale of Rubylane.

There is Amazon and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free letting me know. If there is a problem with my answer please feel free communicating this to me ( with reply to expert button )any problem can be resolved.

A rating of the top smiley face (then clicking submit ) lets JustAnswer/Pearl know I did answer your question, then I am compensated for my time, at no additional cost to the you I always do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

If you have any problems rating me on this question, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on more questions you might have, request me then just put my name ( Glenda ) in your question, then I will be sure to get it. This way it ensures I receive this, since just a request can expire after awhile.

Please consider doing the survey when you get it in email, ( this impacts my job ) and please consider that the rating is for my professionalism and courteousness to the customer. I am not responsible for any issues with the site, or any values that are not as high as expected. ( which I cannot control ).

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

Thank you so much!

Glenda

Keep in mind Just Answer has a Multitude of Categories to serve you, from Legal to Pets and everything in between.

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B.