Appraisals

Need an Online Appraisal? Ask an Appraisal Expert

Appraisals

I have a 2005 crew cab 4x4 contractor truck with about 170k

mile that I would like...
I have a 2005 crew cab 4x4 contractor truck with about 170k mile that I would like to get rid of and I don't want to advertise it I would like to see how I can do about setting it up for auction. How do I set up this vehicle for auction? Is there an auction that I can sign up for and just drive it there and hopefully sell it to the highest bitter?

Thanks,

Rigo Beltran
8/28/2012
porterpotti
Have you considered Ebay or are you looking for an auction with a physical location?

Sorry.. Yes.. I need an auction location.. A physical location if that is possible..

Thanks,

Rigo

There are lots of auctions out there. The thing you have to remember is that you will likely get less money for your vehicle at an auction than by selling it other ways.

The best thing to do is a Google search for "public auction" + your state. That should show you the closest auction to your area. Here are a few examples that show you what you should be able to find:

http://interstateautoauction.com/

http://www.premierpaa.com/

Please let me know if you need more help.
porterpotti

Sorry but how do I find out how much the truck is worth? I tried looking it up in the Kelly Blue Book on line but there is no option for a 2005 Chevy C5500 Crew cab 4x4 with 16ft contractors bed.. The truck has about 180K miles with a Duramax engine and an Alison transmission new front and back tires. The back tires are dully

Pretty much all you can do is see what similar trucks are going for. There is really no good way to value them except for that. Here are some websites that will give you and idea of what yours is worth:

http://www.truckpaper.com/list/list.aspx?ETID=1&catid=27&Manu=CHEVRO LET&Mdltxt=KODIAK+C5500&mdlx=exact&bcatid=27

http://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/Chevrolet-C5500-For-Sale/search-results?make=CHEVROLET|2309502&model=C5500|764864905&sort=year:desc

It would be nice to have a number.. Please I need a value on this truck and Idea of what to sell it for..

Thanks,

Rigo

Without looking at the truck it's hard to know for sure, but I would think you should be able to get 25-30k out of it, maybe more or less depending on where you sell it and the local market. Since you are doing the auction it might be less than that, but that gives you and idea of the worth.
porterpotti
porterpotti
porterpotti
porterpotti