Austin
Austin, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Certified Technician
103164188

Refrigerator JFC2089HPY. Water dispenser and ice maker

Refrigerator JFC2089HPY. Water dispenser and ice maker stopped working. I changed water filter to no avail. Also, in an attempt to lower temps (thinking ice formed in system) I discovered that temp control doesn't seem to work at all. Temps read 40 and 0, but can't be adjusted up or down. Door alarm still works, but that is apparently all. Where do I go from here? Thanks, I'll await your reply with my face mask on.
JA: When you try to get water, do you hear any humming or buzzing?
Customer: Hi Pearl, Im Steve. No, there is click when button is pushed.
JA: How long has this been going on with your water dispenser? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: is fifth day. I tried relacing filter and lowereing temps, as describes above.
Hello I would be happy to help you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks Austin, what can I try?
Is it making ice
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No.
Sorry that's the site trying to call you not me just ignore it
Is it making ice
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No, not making ice.
Ok thanks. With my experience the filter housing is faulty and will need to be replaced unfortunately. You will need to order and replace this part number
WP67006524
It isn't letting water through. Copy and paste this link it will look different but it comes apart the same way
https://youtu.be/07iukKYgwtI
You can order it from reliableparts.com repairclinic.com or even Amazon to save money
Are you still there
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
watching youtube.
Ok. Im sorry for your trouble. If you need any more information or help let me know. My username is ***** ***** Hope you have a great day. Please don't forget to rate me
You can still message me after you accept the answer if you need any more information or help
Please give me a good rating
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks. Got any ideas for me about non working temp control?
You are welcome! Yes. That means the control board is faulty and will need to be replaced unfortunately
This is the part number WPW10207861
Are you still there
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Do you have a YouTube for control replacement?
Copy and paste this link it will look different but it comes apart the same way .https://youtu.be/aqptKoBxRyU
Please don't forget to rate me.