Tyler Z., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  11+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Electrolux Front Load Washer EFLS617SIW. The rubber seal

Electrolux Front Load Washer EFLS617SIW. The rubber seal around the door is caked with black mould and/or gunk. How to clean or replace
JA: Are you getting any error codes or messages from your Electrolux washer? How old is it?
Customer: No errors. 3 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Electrolux washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just noticed. Using cleaning pucks
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Using recommended Excelsior detergent

Good afternoon. My name is Tyler ,and I'll be assisting you with your appliance today. Please give me a moment to review your question.

The mold embeds itself into the rubber since it's porous. Wiping out the unit with bleach will kill the mold, but it won't remove the stains. There is a product called ZEP which you can use and scrub the rubber with and that will remove the stains. Below is a link to the product I'm talking about.

CLICK HERE for ZEP mold remover

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today (must go back to the site where you started this question if you’re reading this on your phone’s text messages) and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks. Ill try it

No problem and good luck!