Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Freezer temperature is 39 degrees. GE bottom freezer

freezer temperature is 39 degrees
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: GE bottom freezer purchased 4-28-16
JA: How long has this been going on with your GE freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just noticed it now. The basket in the freezer was really full so I moved some food around. There is some water in the bottom of the freezer
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't think of anything else

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you!

The site will automatically send you an offer for phone service. This is optional and you may simply disregard it unless you want a phone call. Please accept my apologies for its annoyance if you do not want phone service, I have no control over that pop up offer.

• 1. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer?
  • 2. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
  • 3. May I please have your appliance's model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
here fan running, no frost on back wall of freezer. Model No. GNS23GGHBFWW
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
forget it. This is just a scam to get money from me. I will call my local repair man.

Sorry you feel that way, I explained about the call offer but you must have overlooked that. Be well, thank you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
You also said it was optional and i may disregard it. I didnt know it would end everything if didnt want to pay $24

It doesn't end anything, we just continue here as we are doing now. :)

Sorry for the confusion.

Would you like to continue chatting?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Yes by text

Sure, thank you! Sorry for the confusion, it is frustrating and can be hard to navigate and I apologize for that. I have lobbied for that auto offer to be removed but was overruled. :)

Can you pull the refrigerator out to access the back of the cabinet to check to see if the compressor is running?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No i am 80 years,pld

I understand, thank you. Has it been maintaining the 39* for a while, like a day or so or continually warming up?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I just noticed it today

Okay, and you are certain there is no frost on the back wall of the freezer inside at the bottom?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Food is still frozen except whats on top

Okay, and you are certain there is no frost on the back wall of the freezer inside at the bottom and the fan is running?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No frost just water

Okay, so it sounds like the compressor is not running. Oftentimes, it is the result of a "glitch" in the electronic control. Turn the breaker off so the power is completely removed from the refrigerator to reset the electronic control. It has to be left off for at least 5 minutes. If it does not start cooling again, the main electronic control is likely faulty. In the diagram at the link below, the control is number 801 and has a high failure rate. If you would like replacement instructions I am happy to provide those. However, it is mounted on the back of the cabinet so it will have to be pulled out. Hopefully it will reset with the power cycle. Let me know what happens. :)

https://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/4/00148400/00148486.i07/680/900/GNS23GGHBFWW.jpg

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you. I will try that

Please know I am here if you have further trouble. Stay well.....

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It didnt work

I suspect that board will need to be replaced. It is easy to replace but hard to get to, having to pull the refrigerator out.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It is working fine now but i will have some one check it. Thank you a million times. God bless you and may this nightmare end soon.

That is great news! God keep you safe and well, take care and please let me know if I can help at all.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I,still think

:)