Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Experience:  Maitenance Supervisor
95800582

My brand new GE range is malfunctioning. Model # PGS

My brand new GE range is malfunctioning. Model # PGS 930BEL2TS. The digital clock is flashing. When I reset it, it shows the correct time for 3-4 minutes then goes back to flashing. Same for the oven. I can input a bake function at 350 degrees. It starts pre-heating and after the same 3-4 minutes, when the digital clock starts flashing, it shuts off
JA: What happened just before your GE range displayed this message?
Customer: Nothing. No power outage. No tripped circuit breaker. It was flashing when I got up this morning and put something in the oven.
JA: How long has this been going on with your GE range? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It started this morning. I’ve reset the clock about a dozen times and reset the baking input about 10 times. Each time, the oven starts to pre-heat Keeps heating for as much as 5 minutes then shuts off.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. (Are these canned questions? They sound like canned questions...)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It has been 9 hours since I sent my original email!!!!
This is absurd. I would greatly appreciate a response.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is anyone going to respond to my message? It’s been over 12 hours. This is appalling!

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. The site is going to send an automatic phone call offer, it is not from me please disregard the offer. I am not available via the phone. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have not tried unplugging my appliance for 5 minutes. I will try that now. I don’t mean to sound snarky but I am curious why it took over NINE hours for someone to make this suggestion.

I apologize, I am not sure why none of the other Experts may have chimed in here, however I had come online and when you posted about it sitting for over 12 hrs it popped your question to the top of the que and so I jumped right in since I am currently online so you didn't have to sit for much longer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Travis. Don’t mean to rag on you. It’s just rather frustrating. I just unplugged the range. Will wait 5 minutes and let you know if it works. Fingers crossed.

I totally understand and no offense taken at all. I understand wanting things taken care of in a timely manner. Hopefully this does work, will be standing by

checking in with you before I head out for the evening, its after 1 am my time now sadly.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The hard reset didn’t work. I punched in bake , and it started preheating, but after a couple of minutes it shut off and the digital clock is flashing again.

does the oven start to heat at all? Anything start glowing?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Travis. Since the hard reset didn’t work, any further suggestions? Or do I need to get a repairman out here?

Did you see my reply above? 29 Dec 2019 1:24am

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I press bake, the oven starts to heat. The screen says “pre-heating “ and goes up to 188 degrees and then shuts down and the digital clock straits flashing.

what exactly is flashing? The time? Lights? Anything in particular that is lighting? I am wondering if only one of the elements is coming on and the other is not. This could cause this to happen but of course to know for sure would require testing of the element with a multimeter and some dissasembly, is this something you will be willing to do?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The digital clock on the computer display is flashing. I just reset it and punched in bake at 355 degrees. The flame came on and it starts to heat. Then the flame goes out and the screen goes out and the digital clock is flashing 12:01 am. This is a brand new stove. It was installed less than 10 days ago. I need an operational stove! When can it be fixed??
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Good morning Travis. It seems my last message was not very precise in answering your questions. Each time the malfunction occurs, the numbers on the digital clock on the display go back to 12:00 am and start flashing.
Note: The range was installed on December 19. The bake and broil function worked perfectly over the next week. All the way through Christmas Day. I first noticed the problem yesterday morning when I got up. I noticed that the digital clock on the display panel was flashing 12:00 am. I know there had not been a power outage because none of the other digital clocks in the house were flashing. I ignored the clock and pressed Bake. The oven came on and began pre-heating, but at some point it went out. In the meantime I reset the clock. (the clock function works fine each time I reset it.). But after resetting the clock, if I try to light the oven the same thing happens. Each time I have tried since then the same thing happens after several minutes of pre-heating. .The display read-out showing “Bake Pre-Heating” and the temperature disappear and the flame goes out. The pre-heat function works and the flame stays on up until the display shows 184 degrees. Then the flame shuts off, and the display goes back to the flashing digital clock. Right before the display defaults to the flashing digital clock, for a couple of seconds the display screen shows what appears to be a schematic of the stove. But that disappears and all I see is the digital clock flashing 12:00 am. This morning after the flame went out at 184 degrees, I waited and set the bake temperature for 180 degrees. It started pre-heating but shut down well before the temperature reached 180.

my apologies for the misunderstanding so yes that certainly should not be happening. It sounds like the problem is within the control board and the control board needing to be replaced. So it certainly needs to be serviced. Of course this is something that is covered under warranty however of course given the unit is brand new you should not have to be dealing with this but sadly its whats going on.

1(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how do I get a service person out to replace the control board?

so the number above I Sent did it not come through?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry Travis. . I didn’t understand that the 800 number you provided is the number I should call.

sorry yes that is number you will want to call to have it serviced under warranty