Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Whirlpool electric dryer #w10562358a when starting the dryer

whirlpool electric dryer #w10562358a when starting the dryer panel had a flash underneath
JA: Are you getting any error codes or messages from your WhirlPool dryer? How old is it?
Customer: no. Purchased in 2013
JA: How long has this been going on with your WhirlPool dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just happened. Dryer ran fine after the flash. Concerned about short causing a fire
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you!

The site will automatically send you an offer for phone service. This is optional and you may simply disregard it unless you want a phone call. Please accept my apologies for its annoyance if you do not want phone service, I have no control over that pop up offer.

• May I please have your appliance's model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The model tag is around the opening where the clothes are loaded.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
whirlpool electric dryer #w10562358a

That is a part number of the sticker. The model will look like WED7300SW0.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Model WED48OOBQ0

Perfect! From what area was the flash that you saw, please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Under the control panel. White flash. Dryer worked after see flash.

Can you remove the rear service cover from the back of the control panel?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not sure on how to do. I saw one screw on the top of the panel and two plastic pins through the back by the screw. Will this remove the panel if I take out the screw.

There should be several 1/4" screws around the back, number 5 below.

https://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/3/138/00000152/680/900

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The dryer is in a recessed area with folding doors. I will have to remove the doors and pull it out. This will take awhile. How can we continue so you do not have to wait?

Well, something shorted under that panel. You will need to locate the wire that did and tape it or reconnect it! :)

Please let me know you have received the information you came for, clicking on the star scale to rate your experience with me. It is my goal to give you all the help you need. Please be sure to use the star scale to leave your feedback rating. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK

Let me know how I can help, thank you!