John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The dishwasher is alternating between dry and active when I

Customer Question

The dishwasher is alternating between dry and active when I try and turn it on
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure as it came with the unit we purchased.
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just happened today. I tried to put it to eco 45 and pressed start, but the light is flashing between active and dry
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 days ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. The site is going to send an automatic phone call offer, it is not from me please disregard the offer. I am not available via the phone.

Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.