Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner at Major Appliance 38 years Experience
16993707

I have an Amana Refrigerator/bottom freezer (no plumbing for

Customer Question

I have an Amana Refrigerator/bottom freezer (no plumbing for water) that is leaking under the freezer. I believe it is leaking from the catch tray (for water condensation when the unit cools). The fan at the bottom of the refrigerator runs to evaporate it, but it appears to be leaking from the white catch tray. How do I fix this? I think I may need to empty the whole fridge & freezer & lean it over with a dolly so that I can get to the underneath portion. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
JA: Is your Amana fridge level with the ground, or tipped slightly forward? How old is it?
Customer: It is about ten to eleven years old & it is level.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Amana refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Probably a month unnoticed. I have tried patching the white tray with various adhesives with no success. Since it is so difficult to get into that space, I have decided to empty all contents from the fridge & freezer & lean it over from the front so that I can see underneath & hope to locate the problem.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is there a manual anywhere that shows all the underneath parts clearly & identifies them so that I know what I am looking at??
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Melissa Martin replied 8 days ago.

Hello my name is***** is the model number?