Had a quick power outage while front load washer was

Had a quick power...

Had a quick power outage while front load washer was running. Now door is locked and I can’t get it to run. I tried rinse/spin cycle, but nothing happened when I pushed start.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can... Read full answer

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag w10441130D is what my guide book says. Guess about 6 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is easy

5/24/2019
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. The site is going to send an automatic phone call offer, it is not from me please disregard the offer. I am not available via the phone.

Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Haven’t tried unplugging. Will do that now.

standing by, sorry if the site offered the automatic phone call offer its not fro me and I am not available for a phone call.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could a technician call me soon? It would be easier for me.

sorry if the site offered the automatic phone call offer its not fro me and I am not available for a phone call.]

Did you try the unplug? Is the unit lit up at all? Have you tried putting it on the drain/spin mode since unplugging?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Unplugging fixed the problem ! No longer need a technician or a phone call. Thanks.

I am glad to hear my suggestion worked. I will have the phone call cancelled for you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Our washer won't turn back on. I push the power/cancel
Our washer won't turn back on. I push the power/cancel button and get a beep. … read more
kingmz
kingmz
Appliance technician,
I have a Maytag Centennial MCT Top load washer. The problem
I have a Maytag Centennial MCT Top load washer. The problem is that when it is about to spin, the lid locks and the bucket will start to turn and stop after 2 seconds. The spin light and lid lock ligh… read more
McgiverSR
McgiverSR
Technician,
My washer has a lid lock. It won't open...I've turned the
my washer has a lid lock. It won't open...I've turned the breaker off, checked my troubleshooting book and now unplugged it....still won't release … read more
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Handyman,
Stop searching for answers—
Maytag Centennial washer. Quit mid cycle...small load of
Maytag Centennial washer. Quit mid cycle...small load of towels, drained but did not spin. Unplugged for about 5 minutes to reboot and start wash cycle over lid locks, green sensor comes on, then red … read more
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech
President,
Maytag front loading washer. Door lock light is stuck on
Maytag front loading washer. Door lock light is stuck on can't open door or anything else. Have tried unplugging and re-plugging to no avail. Wash cycle lights come on but nothing happen except a loud… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have front load WBVH5300K0WW that is not draining when it
I have front load WBVH5300K0WW that is not draining when it gets to the rinse cycle, the water goes in it agitates for a while then the machine stops. I manually drain the water from the drain plug an… read more
FixAll
FixAll
remote technical assistant,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a Kenmore Elite 4110 front load washer. At the end
I have a Kenmore Elite 4110 front load washer. At the end of a wash cycle, it is displaying "Cll Sru". Is there anyway to find out more specific error information?… read more
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
New Speed Queen ATG50F stackable washer dryer. First wash
New Speed Queen ATG50F stackable washer dryer. First wash load would not complete the wash cycle. The door light and the wash light stayed on (blinking) with nothing happening. Tried several remedies … read more
Appliance Technician,
We have a Maytag Neptune MHW2000AWW stacked washer-dryer 40947565WQ.
We have a Maytag Neptune MHW2000AWW stacked washer-dryer 40947565WQ. The washer washes, pumps out each rinse, but does not enter the spin cycle. The door is locked (by physical test and light) during … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
How to trouble shoot LFF7000EGO not spinning Washer set on
How to trouble shoot LFF7000EGO not spinning? Washer set on spin only starts at 12 minutes, drains and slow slow tumbles, then shuts down completely at 6 minutes left in cycle.… read more
Tech/owner,
I have a kenmore He3 front load washing machine. For some
I have a kenmore He3 front load washing machine. For some reason the door is open yet the lock latch is on so there is no way for me to close the door. How can I get the lock latch to unlock? What but… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Kenmore Elite HE3t front loading washing machine.
I have a Kenmore Elite HE3t front loading washing machine. When you turn on the unit the pump sounds nothing else happens, when try to stop the door remains locked and the pump still sounds like it is… read more
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal
Owner,
Stop searching for answers—
WFC7500VW front loading washing machine. Hi Tom, I have the
WFC7500VW front loading washing machine. Hi Tom, I have the same issue as Brian mentioned. However running the diagnostics is perfect including high speed spin - Running the cleaning cycle stops with … read more
Mr Repair
Mr Repair
I have a Maytag Neptune TL touchscreen. It no longer spins
I have a Maytag Neptune TL touchscreen. It no longer spins and seems to lock up at the 11 minute remaining spot every time. The screen says it is "unbalanced" and connot spin. Any ideas on which part … read more
Mr Repair
Mr Repair
My washing machine turns on, the door locks, I hear a quiet
My washing machine turns on, the door locks, I hear a quiet buzz, but nothing else happens - it doesn't start filling with water. I used it 2 days ago and it worked as normal.… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
We have a Whirlpool front load washer model no. LHN0050PQ installed
We have a Whirlpool front load washer model no. LHN0050PQ installed in a motor home. When trying to wash, after pushing the start button the drum turns slowly once or twice and the nothing else happen… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
My 6 year old front loading washing machine has a mold
My 6 year old front loading washing machine has a mold problem. What can I do? I know that others had this problem too. Did you find a solution?… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
My maytag front loader seems to have lost cycles. I can run
My maytag front loader seems to have "lost cycles." I can run a short cycle or very long cycle, no just "rinse" or "spin,"but nothing in between. Sensor switches aren't working at all, it's like there… read more
Chas
Chas
Master Appliance Repair Technician,