Washer is leaking water from the soap dispenser. I've taken…

Washer is leaking water...

Washer is leaking water from the soap dispenser. I've taken the dispenser drawer out and nothing in the dispenser is blocking water flow. How do I check the tube that goes into the washer?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old... Read full answer

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Duet Sport approximately 10 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The washer and dryer are stacked and are in a closet, so access is a little limited.

3/4/2019
Austin
Austin, Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name is***** would be Happy to help youDo you have the model number?
Where would I find it?
It will be on a white sticker on the inside of the door opening
wfw8300ws5
Ok thanks. With my experience, the dispenser motor is faulty
sorry I got that wrong it's wfw8300sw05
It is not going to the right position, so when it fills, its missing the dispenser and leaking out
Is this something I can fix or do I need to call a service tech in to do the repair?
It is fairly easy to replace. You will need to unplug the unit, then remove the top panel. It is just under neath itYou can order it from apdepot.com, marcone, repairclinic.com or even whirlpool to save you money
The only problem I'm going to have is getting the washer and dryer out of the closet and then getting the dryer off of the washer. I'm a relatively strong female, but it's not something I'm comfortable doing by myself. I think I'll call a technician in to do the repair.
I understand your concern. I'm sorry for your trouble. If you need any more information or help let me know. My username isCustomer Hope you have a great day. Please don't forget to rate me
You can still message me after you accept the answer if you need any more help. Please give me a good rating
Austin
Austin, Home Appliance Technician
All you have to do is accept the answer. There should be stars in the top left or right corner of the computer screen to rate me and accept the answerThank you very much!
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My whirlpool duet sport front load washer has started
My whirlpool duet sport front load washer has started leaking from the front top left of the machine just below the compartment where the softener, etc. is added. Is this a pump issue? … read more
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
I have a whirlpool duet sport front load washer that has an
I have a whirlpool duet sport front load washer that has an F 21 error message. I have unplugged it for a minute and tried to cycle it again but same error comes up. door is locked with wet clothes in… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
I HAVE A maytag washer, and it leaks only a little bit from
I HAVE A maytag washer, and it leaks only a little bit from the soap dispenser. I checked for clogs in the fill tube and it seems clear. … read more
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Stop searching for answers—
I have a LGM1832CW leaking from the bottom when it first starts
I have a LGM1832CW leaking from the bottom when it first starts to fill. I cleaned out the front trap and it still leaks. I tipped it up and can see that the tub to pump hose is not the problem, not l… read more
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal
Owner,
i have a whirlpool duet sport washer. water is pooring out
i have a whirlpool duet sport washer. water is pooring out of the soap dispenser and won t drain inside the washer. how can i fix it please?… read more
Owner,
I have a wcvh6800 J1WW ge front load washer. about 2 years
I have a wcvh6800 J1WW ge front load washer. about 2 years old. It recently started to leak . I cleaned the holes at the base of the gasket, emptied the drain on the lower left (which had nothing to c… read more
Appliance Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
WATER LEAKS OUT THE FRONT OF THE DETERGENT TRAY. I BELIEVE
WATER LEAKS OUT THE FRONT OF THE DETERGENT TRAY. I BELIEVE IT HAPPENS DURING THE CYCLE WHEN THE FABRIC SOFTNER IS INJECTED.… read more
JCCARVER
JCCARVER
When I turn on my Whirlpool duet side load washer water gushes
When I turn on my Whirlpool duet side load washer water gushes out of the detergent dispenser unit onto the floor. What could be causing that to happen?… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
whirlpool sport duet washer is leaking from the detergent tray...i
whirlpool sport duet washer is leaking from the detergent tray...i took the top washer panel off and removed the detergent drawer.....the valves let the water in, but it seems the drain from the botto… read more
Mr Repair
Mr Repair
I have a Whirlpool front loading washing machine. Model numberWFW8300Sw05
I have a Whirlpool front loading washing machine. Model numberWFW8300Sw05 and serial number HLY3721805 and it is leaking through the soap/softener dispenser. Lots of water is coming out from up there … read more
esequiel walker
esequiel walker
Appliance technician,
I have a Whirlpool Duet Front load washer,model # WFW9200SQA11,
I have a Whirlpool Duet Front load washer,model # XXXXX it is just under 11/2 years old. When I wash a load of clothes, water leaks down into the drawer cabinet it is attached to . What could cause th… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
WM2277H- tHE SOAP DISPENSER DRAWER WILL NOT OPEN. IT SEEMS
WM2277H- tHE SOAP DISPENSER DRAWER WILL NOT OPEN. IT SEEMS LIKE SOMETHING IS OPEN OR UP INSIDE STOPPING THE DRWAER FROM SLIDING OPEN. IT IS AN LG FRONT LOAD WASHER… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a Neptune stacked washer-dryer. The bleach compartment
I have a Neptune stacked washer-dryer. The bleach compartment on the left front side of the washer is not draining. I've taken all the plastic removable parts out and there are no plugs and no debris.… read more
esequiel walker
esequiel walker
Appliance technician,
My whirpool Duet Sport is leaking under the soap dispenser.
My whirpool Duet Sport is leaking under the soap dispenser. Do I need a technician to come out or my husband is pretty handy is it an easy fix?… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
How to fix water leak on my Whirlpool Duet Sport washer?
Have a Whirlpool Duet Sport front loading washer that just started to leak water out of the laundry detergent compartment when you start a load.… read more
Owner,
When I run my washer ( Whirlpool Duet Sport ) water pours out
When I run my washer ( Whirlpool Duet Sport ) water pours out just below the detergent tray. I'm guessing the passage way is blocked or perhaps a value stuck closed ?… read more
MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH
Lead Tech,
Water is leaking from the soap dispencer, flowing out like
Water is leaking from the soap dispencer, flowing out like a water fall when first turned on. When I pull out the soap dispencer tray, there is water with soap below it. Looks like it is not going int… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
my whirlpool duet washer has water coming out of the soap dispenser
my whirlpool duet washer has water coming out of the soap dispenser when I start to run a load of laundry. any ideas?… read more
master appliance tech
master appliance tech
Owner / Operator,