I HAVE A YEAR OLD WHIRLPOOL WASHER. WHENI PUSH THE START…

Customer Question
I HAVE A YEAR...

I HAVE A YEAR OLD WHIRLPOOL WASHER. WHENI PUSH THE START BUTTON, THE LETTERS LC APPEAR AND NOTHING HAPPENS.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

WFW75HEFWO SER C81453733 PROBABLY 1 YEAR... Read full answer

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

WFW75HEFWO SER C81453733 PROBABLY 1 YEAR OLD

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I do not plan to do the work. I am troubleshooting right now.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am getting message that says LC

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/1/2019
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. The LC code is not listed anywhere but I suspect it could be control locked. Try this; press and hold the Control Lock button on the far right for 4 seconds and let me know what happens.

Dave

How did that work?

I was able to Google Whirlpool washer LC and found out the code meant "lock". I held the Control Lock button for 3 seconds and the washer starts now. I was able to find the info online faster than getting a feedback from you. I'd like to cancel my membership.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
We have just moved into our new home and I want to use the
We have just moved into our new home and I want to use the Whirlpool Duet washer. It currently give me a code on the screen of Lc and I cannot get past this step. Can you help me? Thanks. … read more
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a front load washer, whirlpool. It will not start on
Second opinion] I have a front load washer, whirlpool. It will not start on power but makes a noise when I hit start. No green lights come over the 2 buttons you hit to start the washer or cycle. I tr… read more
Bonifacio Gomez
Bonifacio Gomez
Technical course
When I attempt to start my washer the dial read LC.
when I attempt to start my washer the dial read LC … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I am getting a Lc error code on my whirlpool front loader
I am getting a Lc error code on my whirlpool front loader washer … read more
senior service enginner,
My frontload washer is less than a year old. Machine turns
My frontload washer is less than a year old. Machine turns on and then turns itself off. I unplugged and plugged back in. The time display now says LC. What do I need to do? … read more
senior service enginner,
I have a brand new (2 months old) whirlpool washer and
I have a brand new (2 months old) whirlpool washer and dryer. The washer has clothes in it to wash, but when I pressed the start button, the door locked, but the machine won't start. The Lc is showing… read more
AppTechNC
AppTechNC
Appliance Repair Technician,
Appliance Repair
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a whirlpool duet washer and cannot unlock the door.
I have a whirlpool duet washer and cannot unlock the door … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Whirlpool Front-Loading Automatic washer. It's the
OK. I have a Whirlpool Front-Loading Automatic washer. It's the stackable model. Here are some numbers: W10656457B, and W10656476B - SP. As I was putting in laundry, I closed the door, and after I tur… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
I was just on and got disconected. My front load whirlpool
I was just on and got disconected. My front load whirlpool washer is displaying Lc code. It is one year old. … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
My washer has a display that says Lc. I can't get past it.
My washer has a display that says Lc. I can't get past it. Nothing works. Nothing in the manual says anything about it. Help! … read more
senior service enginner,
My washer will not start the screen shows a Lc. Duet direct
Duet direct drive dont know were the # is about 5 years … read more
senior service enginner,
My Maytag Maxima frontloading washer wont start. When I push
My Maytag Maxima frontloading washer wont start. When I push the Power button, It shows Lc in the digital display and the Control Lock light flashes. … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
My whirlpool washer is less than a year old and I have an
my whirlpool washer is less than a year old and I have an error reading of Lc. what do I do? … read more
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave
Home Appliance Technician,
My front load washer is washer will not start filling with
my front load washer is washer will not start filling with water, is showing letters LC … read more
AppTech8579
AppTech8579
I have a front loading Whirlpool Duet washing machine. It
I have a front loading Whirlpool Duet washing machine. It appears that it tripped the breaker. I can't get it to restart. Now when I turn it on it just sits there, going through the time, but nothing … read more
Appliance Technician,
We have a Whirlpool Front load washer that is less then nine
We have a Whirlpool Front load washer that is less then nine months old. It keeps blinking LC when we try to start it and it won't work. The troubleshooting guide doesn't say anything about the LC tro… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Maytag Maxima washer - less than 1 year old - been
I have a Maytag Maxima washer - less than 1 year old - been working fine until this morning - filled up the drum with laundry - put detergent in slide in cup - pressed the power button on the left and… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer. I get an F1 message when
I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Washer. I get an F1 message when I attempt to start a load. For example, this morning I wanted to wash a load of whites on whitest whites and pushed power/start. For appx. 10… read more
applianceguy
applianceguy
Appliance tech,