My maytag front load has an F06 E01 error and the door is…

My maytag front load...

My maytag front load has an F06 E01 error and the door is locked with clothes in it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I cannot find the paperwork, but it is called a Maxima and it is about 7 years... Read full answer

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I cannot find the paperwork, but it is called a Maxima and it is about 7 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I could

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

At least how to unlock the door and what might be the error

9/28/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

i unplugged it for half hour and it is still locked and the same errorsare you still there?i am not planning on the phone call, so has this session ended?

no the session has not ended this response did not notify me my apologize. So is the door locked then?

F06 E01 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it. You'll want to remove the top panel and the lower front panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just have to guess which control board you want to replace first, either the MCU or the CCU and the problem is that there is no way to test and determine which part is faulty so it's just a guessing game. Generally on these units, the MCU is the apart that fails I've found and sometimes you can even remove the board inside the MCU plastic box and see a black mark on the back of the board. If so then you can feel comfortable that this will definitely fix the issue, but even if you don't see a black mark, you'd want to replace the MCU first as it's typically the part that fails.

Ok I will probably call a repairman

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
E02 and F06 error codes are flashing what do I do now.
E02 and F06 error codes are flashing what do I do now … read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
Pearl, I have a front loading Maytag Maxima Washer
Hi, Pearl, I have a front loading Maytag Maxima Washer displaying error codes E01 and F09 … read more
Austin
Austin
Error code E01 and F06 on whirlpool duet washer. It might be
it might be 4 years old it is model number wfw94hexw2 … read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
Stop searching for answers—
We have a front loading Maytag Maxima and i quit on us with
We have a front loading Maytag Maxima and i quit on us with an error message of F06 and E02, can you explain? … read more
Austin
Austin
I cannot unlock the door to my Maytag washing machine. I
I cannot unlock the door to my Maytag washing machine. … read more
Austin
Austin
I have a Maytag Maxima frontload washer: Model # MHW7000XW2.
I have a Maytag Maxima frontload washer: Model # MHW7000XW2. I can't get it to start. When I press the start button, the door locks (and the door locked sign lights up) but nothing happens. Have tried… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a mat. Maytag MHW6000 that had a load going and
Maytag MHW6000 that had a load going and stopped. The error codes are E01 and F06. This just happened. … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
We have a Maytag Maxima front loading washer. We were in
Greetings, we have a Maytag Maxima front loading washer. We were in vacation and returned earlier this week. While on vacation I shut the water supply off to the washer to prevent flooding in event of a hose rupture. Upon returning my wife loaded the washer, closed the door and proceeded to start the washer as usual. Unfortunately, she forgot the I had shut off the water supply. The washer only hums and the door is locked so we cannot get the clothes out. She unplugged the washer. I subsequently turned on the water supply and plugged in the washer. All we get is a humming and the door remains locked. Can you guide us on how to get the washer working again? Thanks … read more
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
My Maytag Front loader 4.5 cu ft washer's door is locked and
My Maytag Front loader 4.5 cu ft washer's door is locked and the error codes are F06 & E01. At one point I think there was an E06. In any event my wet clothes are in the machine and I would love to ge… read more
Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig
Service Technician,
Imhabe a maytag maxima displaying f06 e01 error code. About
Imhabe a maytag maxima displaying f06 e01 error code. … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a whirlpool Hp front loading washing machine. I was
I have a whirlpool Hp front loading washing machine. I was washing two large towels on Heavy Duty setting and at the end I cannot open the door and Its Flashing F06 and E01 My name is***** and my phon… read more
Appliance Technician,
My Maytag MAxima Front loading washer has the door locked.
My Maytag MAxima Front loading washer has the door locked. Can you help? … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a maytag maxima and it was not working anymore. There
I have a maytag maxima and it was not working anymore. There was an error F06 E01 … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Maytag washer(Maxima)with a E01 F06 error
Hello, I have a Maytag washer(Maxima)with a E01 F06 error code.You told me previously to change the CCU.I did.Now the door won't lock,and the door lock lite keeps flashing.… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
I have a Maytag Maxima Front Load washer with error codes F06
I have a Maytag Maxima Front Load washer with error codes F06 and E02 . Machine will not start. Yes there is electricity and yes water is flowing from hookups, but no water into machine.… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Maxima shows error 02 and F6. Door locked with clothes in
(Maytag Washer) Maxima shows error 02 and F6. Door locked with clothes in it. Any chance this is an easy fix? Or should I get a service call?… read more
Owner,
My Maytag MCt Maxima front loading waster wont start. I turn
My Maytag MCt Maxima front loading waster wont start. I turn it on. It locks and then does nothing. Eventually it will flash E01 and F06. Please help me. Julie… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
My Maytag maxima front load washer has been acting up for the
My Maytag maxima front load washer has been acting up for the past couple of days - it won't drain properly and the clothes are super wet when it is done on a normal load. I can put it on a drain/spin… read more
Chas
Chas
Master Appliance Repair Technician,