Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just tried to use my dryer for the first time in a week I…

Customer Question
I just tried to...

I just tried to use my dryer for the first time in a week I opened the door to put in some sheets and water was in the tub The red light says drum light. the last time i used it i put it on refresh for one item That is the last time i used it

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Samsung DV5451AEWXAA 03 approx 7 yrs i think

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe if not a lot

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I dont understand how the water got in the drum because the water hose is not hooked up? I dried it out before i tried to use it

Submitted: 16 days ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
All the lights come on but when you push start it shows up DE
8/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 16 days ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I opened the door to my samsung dryer it had water inside and the line was not hooked up. When i pushed power the lights came on but when i pushed the start button it showed dE and did not start. i dried it out and reset it but nothing.
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 14 days ago

de means the door is open, or the door switch is disconnected or failed.