Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My monogram #ZDIS150WSSD ice machine is cycling wvwey 15…

My monogram #ZDIS150WSSD ice...

My monogram #ZDIS150WSSD ice machine is cycling wvwey 15 seconds. Has constant water supply and unobstructed drainage.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

I changed control board with same result

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Also changed out ice bin sensor

Answered in 1 minute by:
7/12/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

What exactly do you mean by "cycling every 15 seconds"?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
The reservoir pump engages to drain the reservoir and then recycles to fill back up. Constant repetition. Never experienced this before

Leave the door open and watch the lights. I'm willing to be the lights go off ever time it stops filling.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
No

no what?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Logically I changed the control board but no effect on the problen

Yes, you stated that when you started this question and that wasn't what I asked you to do.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Give me a minute

ok

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Ok. The reservoir over fills and the overflow allows excess water to drain, the you are correct. Everythime the unit cycles, the light clicks off and on about 3 times

OK that's what I figured. Overflowing the reservoir is normal that's not a problem. The issue is that your ice machine isn't draining the water out as fast as it's draining into the pump. Make sure there is no kink in the drain hose coming from the drain pump. If that checks good, the entire drain pump would need to be replaced because it's not draining out quick enough causing the internal float to rise and shuts power to the entire unit down except the drain pump until it can catch up and lower the water level inside the pump properly, then it re-applies power which causes the icemaker to start over.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc