Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio that isn't going into the spin…

Hi! I have a...

Hi! I have a Whirlpool Cabrio that isn't going into the spin cycle. It agitates & spins just fine. I ran an automatic & manual diagnostic test on it. It didn't flash any codes. During the diagnostic cycle it wouldn't engage in the spin cycle or go past C8 of the test. I would love to be able to fix it myself if I could just figure out what is wrong.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I would say around 8-9 years old. This is the 1st problem we have had out of it. Where would I be able to find the model number?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to if possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can get you that model number in a second.

7/12/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply, Thank you.

NOTE : The website will send you a prompt for a phone call And POP UPS those are NOT from me , so if you do not want me to call you please IGNORE IT !!
Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
the model /serial tag is at the rear of the opening on the washer itself.

And have you unplugged the unit for 5 minutes to try and reboot the electronic control board yet ?
If not let`s unplug or turn the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes or more ,then give it power and see if it does the same thing .
This unplugging for 5 minutes or more will hopefully reboot the electronic control boards memory.
Let me know what it does.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
OK, thank you so much. I will go unplug it & get that model number for you.

Sounds good !

I am Also Assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply,Thank you.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Whirlpool Type: 580 Model # WTW65D0WW1 Serial # CY3275184

ok and the model number actually is WTW6500WW1 your D was also a Zero

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
OK, thank you!! It was faded and looked like a D. Thank you for your help!

No problem!

Also when you were running diagnostics and it was at step C8 did the unit pump the water out ?

This unit will not go into a spin mode unless it has drained the water out first .

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
sir, all of the water drained out just fine. It just wouldn't go into spin mode. It just kept agitating like it was in wash mode, but with not water in it.

ok so to be sure when you had the unit in the C8 step it drained but the agitator was moving ?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
sir. It drained, but the agitator kept going like it was in wash cycle. I unplugged it for the 5 minutes & am running another diagnostic test just to be sure.

ok you say (( It drained, but the agitator kept going like it was in wash cycle)) was the agitator spinning in one direction or was it moving back and fourth ?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
It's moving back & forth in the C8 step.

ok one other questions in your very first sentence you said (( I have a Whirlpool Cabrio that isn't going into the spin cycle. It agitates & spins just fine.)) on the agitates and spins just fine did you possibly mean to say it agitates and Drains instead of spins?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
sorry!! I got ahead of myself on the sentence I guess. It agitates & drains, but does NOT spin. I apologize.
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
After I unplugged it for the 5 minutes & ran another diagnostic test, it did the same thing. It went to C8 & wouldn't go any further. The agitator just kept going back & forth after it drained. It never did go into spin cycle.

Ok it should not be agitating at all (going back and fourth ) only moving in one direction .

So that tells me the issue is within the electronic control board itself .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
OK, thank you so much for your help.

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,

I will still assist you, no extra charges .

But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

You should see a rating box ,just click on the rating box and it will open the rating window for you to than rate me .

Thank you in advance.

Master Tech
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
OK, thank you so much. I will be sure to do that. Hope you have a great day!!

Thank you and you also have a great day !