Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Refrigerator quit cooling and freezer quit working? Cant…

Refrigerator quit cooling and...

Refrigerator quit cooling and freezer quit working?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Cant find model. It's about two years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The controls are above the ice maker and it's all digital.

Answered in 1 minute by:
7/12/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply, Thank you.

NOTE : The website will send you a prompt for a phone call And POP UPS those are NOT from me , so if you do not want me to call you please IGNORE IT !!

Who is the unit manufacturer?

Then I can tell you where the model /serial number tag is located .

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Maytag. I couldn't find any model number but it's not very old and it has control lights on front of frige. Where you hold the button down for 3 seconds.
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
OK

Open the fresh food section door or doors and the model /.serial tag will be on the interior wall .

And once you have given me the model number so I can then look information up , than I will call you!

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Ok, I found these numbers on the ceiling of the frige, Model Number: MF12570FE201. Seriel Number: K64604862

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am Also Assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply.

Ok I believe the correct model number is *****

And have you unplugged the unit for 5 minutes to try and reboot the electronic control board yet ?
If not let`s unplug or turn the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes or more ,then give it power and see if it does the same thing .
This unplugging for 5 minutes or more will hopefully reboot the electronic control boards memory.
Let me know what it does.

have you unplugged the unit and waiting the 5 minutes yet?

I have not heard back from you!

Master Tech
appliancedr
appliancedr, Appliance repair business owner
Phone call session started