Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch dishwasher wasn’t letting water in so I had

My Bosch dishwasher wasn’t...

My Bosch dishwasher wasn’t letting water in so I had technician come. He got the water to come on and said that it had an interrupted cycle/needed to cancel drain. He said to let it finish cycle and all should be fine. Afterwards, it makes loud noise again and there is no water again. Is there a way to reset it? My model is shx46a05uc

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is typed above and there is a space then the number 21. I bought house with existing appliance but I would guess greater than 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Uh maybe if it is simple. I have home warranty plan but limited time off to meet technician again

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No—it was working perfectly with no issues before tho started. The drain filter is clean. We have had power out for several days with storms around the same time

Answered in 1 minute by:
7/12/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
Thanks for your help. I am physician and don’t have many days off to get it fixed and it is driving me nuts not to have dishwasher. I have home warranty plan and had technician out already and it seemed better after he left but is now screwy again.

To cancel the cycle early, you just press and hold the 2nd and 4th button on the right side together for 2 seconds. But I don't think that's going to help you. It sounds like your dishwasher is going into flood mode. That occurs when water gets into the base pan below the dishwasher. The dishwasher will go into constantly draining mode to prevent your dishwasher from flooding your house. I would guess your technician came out and drained the water out and that reset the issue but then when it finished running the cycle, it flooded again. You're going to need to have the technician come back out again and have them locate and correct whatever is causing the unit to leak and go into flood mode. I wish I had better news for you.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Phone call session started