Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Samsung Dryer keeps running even when it is powered OFF.

My Samsung Dryer keeps...

My Samsung Dryer keeps running even when it is powered OFF. I have unplugged it to see if the circuit will reset, no luck. If I power it ON ad try to change cycles (and its still running by the way) it has no effect, still tumbling. Have not had any issues prior to this. Model #DV56H9000EP/A2

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model #DV56H9000EP/A2 I guess it is five years old roughly.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what is involved

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thats the only issue

7/11/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The centrifugal switch on the motor is faulty. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Your dryer will need a new motor. If you would like replacement instructions, please let me know. It will require complete disassembly of the machine.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
thanks

You are are very welcome, thank you!

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
im not currently able to dissasemble the dryer--are we looking at a panel reset of some kind or do i need to open the back of the machine? In order to proceed by phone i need to know, thanks

You must have overlooked my second post, now copied below.

CLICK HERE

11 Jul 2018, 3:20 PM

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
hello, do you have information for this issue?

I have sent it twice, you must be having trouble seeing it. It is now copied below for the 3rd time....

CLICK HERE

11 Jul 2018, 3:20 PM

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
ok, now i can see it, thanks, ***** ***** while i read--the screen did not show the response before...
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
the switch itselff cannot be replaced? why do you suggest replacing the whole motor?

The switch is built into the motor, you cannot get it by itself.

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
ok--thank you very much--i will call to see if warranty is in effect before moving forward. Much appreciated!

Sure, thank you!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today?