Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Replaced felt seals and gliders; top strip came unglued and…

Customer Question
Replaced felt seals and...

Replaced felt seals and gliders; top strip came unglued and dryer shut down. Re-glued, drum turns but dryer won't start.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Kenmore stack 417 91702000, at least 14 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know; I replaced the seals myself but it wasn't easy. There's no rear access because of the way it's positioned.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know.

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Appliance
7/11/2018
Appliance Technician: AppTechNC,
 replied 10 days ago
AppTechNC

Hello my name is***** am a certified appliance repair technician. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your dryer today. I will do my best to assist you. From what I read, the dryer is completely reassembled at this time but will not run. Is that correct?