Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 15 year old GE Monogram glass top stove and the…

Customer Question
I have a 15...

I have a 15 year old GE Monogram glass top stove and the right large burner in the front, the sensor light will not go off. If I try to turn that element on the timer lights start blinking and will not stop until you engage the lock button. Is there a way to restart the stovetop to reset the controls? It's the only problem, everything else works well. It was fixed or replaced within the last 5 years by GE Service.-Steven Petting

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought the original one 15 years ago. Two large burners on from two small burner in back and a warming / cooking element in the middle - total of f elements. Ge cam out and replaced the glass, not the entire stove. It's about 6" thick and was a GE Monogram, there was only one model this size

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I was hoping there would be a way to reset the stove. I've turned the breaker off for 10 to 20 seconds but that didn't work. Does it need to be disconnected longer or is there a code I can enter. Because it starts blinking, it does not get hot. However, I had a Monogram Dishwasher which didn't stop heating during the drying time and the inside shelves and any plastic containers melted.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just like I said. If I turn the power off for a couple minutes will that reset the control of the large burner on the right side or is there a code I can enter when it starts blinking.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
6/30/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 1 month ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.