Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Need to take off the stove top to replace my part

Need to take off...

Need to take off the stove top to replace my part #wp71001799 on my Jena-Air SVD48600. How do I do this?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I had a F2 show on the display, ordered the part and now can't get the screws out. Two weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How do you get the front off?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/26/2018
AppTechNC
Hello, my name is***** am a certified appliance repair technician. I would be glad to help you take your console apart. I have attached a picture that I believe will help us use as a reference. I may need you to send me a few pictures as we go along if possible. The first step would be to remove any screw along the bottom of the console/control panel. I believe there are 3. Let me know if that is correct.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have that picture from the internet. I need to know what do I do after the screws are all removed, as I have already done. The front won't come off.

Remove all of the burner knobs and check for screw underneath then. Also check for large block plastic looking screw on washer type pieces. If you don't find anything there lets move on to checking the sides on the unit. Have you pulled the unit out a few inches and checked the sides for screws?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is no large block plastic looking screw. I have removed all the screws and pulled out the stove a little. Should I remove the triangular piece on the left side as I did on the right side?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does the front piece pull down and out or the top cover the front piece?

Remove the top piece. There should be two screws holding it in place. One on each side. The the glass should come off by lifting up and out.

AppTechNC
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will have to hire an appliance person to replace the control panel on my Jena-Air.

Why have you decided this?

I would be glad to continue helping you. If we are not on the same page providing me with pictures of what you are seeing will help greatly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know how to do that.

You don't know how to send me pictures?

If there is any way I could help you to improve my rating I would greatly appreciate it. My ratings are extremely important to me. I wasn't aware we were at the point of having to call in reinforcements as I hadn't heard form you. If there is anything else I can do please let me know!!