Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a monogram stove vent and it seems that the motor is…

Customer Question
Hi John, I have...

Hi John, I have a monogram stove vent and it seems that the motor is spewing oil.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a month

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
6/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.
NOTE : The website will send you a prompt for a phone call And POP UPS those are NOT from me , so if you do not want me to call you please IGNORE IT !!

Very unlikely the oil /grease is from the motor itself .have you taken the unit apart and removed the blower wheel to clean it they do get very grease laden over time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I haven’t taken apart

I suspect the oil your seeing is from the blower wheel throwing grease off of it .

The motor only have a few drops of oil in them if it has any oil on the bearings at all ..

I recommend taking the motor / blower wheel down remove the blower wheel ans clean it with a greaser.