Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Jenn-Aire cooktop, gas, with electric oven. The…

I have a Jenn-Aire cooktop...
I have a Jenn-Aire cooktop, gas, with electric oven. The Spark Ignitors suddenly don't function. No clicking, no spark. The stove is about 15 years old.I have schematic diagrams of the unit, but I don't know where, physically, the Ignitor is located. Any clues from you?
6/25/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. So none of the burners are lighting?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well, I can light them with a match.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, this is fine.

so​rry if the site is offering the automatic phone call its not from me please disregard it. What is the model number of your jenn aire? It sounds like the problem is with the spark module having gone bad and needing to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
62;Please wait while I get it.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I seem to have the User Guide, but it doesn't show the model number. It only has a place to write it in. I don't know where to look an the unit itself to see a model number.

can you check inside the oven door for me please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just looked there. Couldn't see any part number. I will look again.

it​ should be on the oven side wall once you open the door.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there is a sticker about installation and the danger of tipping it, and one about spillage. no part number.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not present

hmmm without a model number it will make it impossible to give you the information on the part your needing to replace which is the spark module.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the schematic part number. 8104P963-60

sadly that doesn't help with the model number. The only way you will be able to get this fixed will be to have a tech come out and replace this part because you do not want to accidently put in the wrong part and blow the whole unit. Its not a hard part to replace nor is it really expensive. It should be less then 100 dollars for the part plus the service call of the tech to come out which is typically 100-150. Its not cheap all added together but much cheaper then replacing the whole unit of course.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, I'll do that. thanks. Do you still charge me for this interchang?

Well I would certainly appreciate it after troubleshooting and telling you what the issue is if you would rate with 5 stars at the top.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
bye