Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can I replace the handle on an older GE profile dishwashers…

Customer Question
Can I replace the...

Can I replace the handle on an older GE profile dishwashers for cosmetic reasons? It sticks out too far

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

PDW9880L00SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

MAYBE 7 years

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No except got a slide in stove that won’t go to wall because of black control plate in front. Any ideas how to get it back.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
6/24/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

There is only one handle for this model but you could modify it. The handle is just screwed in from the back of the door, see the link below. You could pretty much put whatever you wanted on the door for a handle, but keep in mind that there are holes on the door for the handle now.

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!