Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE Monogram double oven keeps turning itself off. I replaced…

GE Monogram double oven...

GE Monogram double oven keeps turning itself off. I replaced the control board and that did not fix it??

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model is ZET958SF5SS and it’s about 13 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I already replaced the temp probe and the control board

6/24/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Do you happen to have a multimeter we can test the high temp thermostat with?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The thermostat checked out but I replaced it anyway. Problem continued, so I replaced the control board, problem continues.

y​ou said you replaced the temperature probe so you replaced the high limit thermostat as well?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No sir, I just replaced the probe

ok so these are two different parts the part I am talking about is the high limit thermostat and I believe it may be your issue.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Where is the high limit switch? Is there a separate one for the upper and lower ovens? Do you know the part number?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Sorry, I meant high limit thermostat?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I’m looking at the parts diagram and it looks like there are three of these, the one you mentioned which ends in 10060, another one ending in 10061, and a third 10127. Should I replace all three?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
My problem is only on the upper oven

if you want to be certain which one is the problem without a meter it would probably be best.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Well, they are relatively inexpensive so I may just do all three. Are they accessed from behind the control panel?

ye​s they are. Sorry for the delay in response your response was just alerted to me.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thanks. I’ll get those ordered and replaced. Thanks