Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My head profile fridge just stopped working. First the

My head profile fridge...

My head profile fridge just stopped working. First the freezer and within a day the fridge. It's only 8 yrs old and never had trouble. Home warranty people say not worth fixing..

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

GE Profile French door bottom freezer. But in 2010

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not really unless I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We cleaned back and when plugged back in it popped. Think it was the fuse

6/23/2018
canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience in the home improvement field. I'll be glad to assist you today.

Did the home warranty company look at it or say that over the phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They looked at it

Is there no power at all or it isn't cooling?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is power but not cooling

Well, it could be about 1/2 the cost of a new one to fix. It sounds like it has lost it's refrigerant and that usually is from a leaking compressor so you would at least need refrigerant and a compressor which would be about $300

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They said the main board

Interesting. That is much less than the coolant and compressor. I am unsure why they would say that is too expensive to fix. That would only be about $150

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well that is interesting. Are you in Chas SC?

No. Neighbouring state NC

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is the control board the whole big piece that is covered behind the fridge

It is something very similar to this click here There also is a recall on main boards for some years of that model. I would contact the manufacturer tomorrow. They may send the board for free.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK Thank you for the info. I will do that today.

You are very welcome

canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman