Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool cabrio washer is leaking when filling. The

Customer Question
My whirlpool cabrio washer...

My whirlpool cabrio washer is leaking when filling. The water is coming out on the left side up top and also running down the inside from the top and coming out underneath. I checked underneath and the bottom.of the tub is not wet nor is any water leaking around the hoses.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model # is WTW8240YW0 AND IT IS 4 TO 5 YEARS OLD

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all that is wrong

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/22/2018
Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 28 days ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

many times the leak occurs when the tub is not centered properly or it is leaning on one side and towards the front, or the clothes are in the way causing splashing rather than filling. If you observe the filling cycle you can usually see where the water starts and what is causing it. The only other suggestions are to check the filling port to see if it has become dislodged or may be cracked/broken, or the top plastic shield is not sealed properly. Those usually have some type of a clip or a retainer to hold them in place. Also observe the spin/rinse cycle to make sure the clothes have not loaded up on one side causing the tub to wobble while spinning and then leaking as the rinsing is occurring.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you

You are most welcome, hopefully it will be easy to see what is causing it and an simple adjustment will resolve the problem.

One of the goals here at Just Answer while answering questions, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism. In order that I receive credit for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.