Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer was off balance. pushed start/pause button. it shut…

Customer Question
Washer was off balance...

Washer was off balance. pushed start/pause button. it shut off but remains locked.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Year & 1/2 old but not sure how to find model #. it is a whirlpool top loading high efficiency.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if i can

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 27 days ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.
NOTE : The website will send you a prompt for a phone call And POP UPS those are NOT from me , so if you do not want me to call you please IGNORE IT !!
Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
the model /serial tag is at the rear of the opening on the washer itself.

and is the lid locked light still illuminated ?