Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 9 year old GE profile refrigerator, side by side…

Customer Question
Hello- I have a...

Hello- I have a 9 year old GE profile refrigerator, side by side with freezer drawer on bottom- upper freezer pull out tray is freezing but lower baskets are not freezing- what could be the origin of the problem— thank You

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

9 Year’s old #PFSS6SKXASS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No- ice maker is on upper left - not making ice

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Why is fridge and upper tray of freezer working well but lower freezer basket and ice maker not freezing? Computer board going out? Is a 9 year old fridge not worth repairing? Thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
6/21/2018
Appliance Technician: FixAll, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
FixAll
FixAll, Home Appliance Technician

hi​ I'm here to help. honestly there I no reason this should be happening. I'm guessing the stuff in the upper compartment is just stuff that freezes easier and your temps are not getting low enough for the stuff on the bottom. the question is why. so first lets looks at the back of the freezer section. do you see a large covering of snow like frost? do you hear the fans running if you hold the door switch shut?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for your response- we decided to replace the refrigerator with a new one since it is 9 years old