Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The profile refrigerator, model PFSS6PKWBSS. I can see that…

Customer Question
The profile refrigerator, model...

The profile refrigerator, model PFSS6PKWBSS. I can see that I’m not the only one that’s had this problem. The freezer is not cooling down but the refrigerator seems to be normal temp

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

GE profile. It’s a 2008 model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it’s not too technical.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I saw in one of your other posts to unplug it for five minutes and plug it back in and see what the display read. I did that and the left side said -88 and the right side read 88

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
6/19/2018
Appliance Technician: FixAll, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
FixAll
FixAll, Home Appliance Technician

hi I'm here to help. first thing is first open the freezer hold down the door switch. are both the fans in the back running? do you see a heavy frost on the back panel like thick snow? if you press on it does it sound like snow crunching.