Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I was cooking bread in my GE Profile over the stove top

Customer Question
I was cooking bread...

I was cooking bread in my GE Profile over the stove top Microwave/convection (6 years old) and it just died, nothing. we checked all fuses and outlets, they were all good. Is there a fuse in the microwave itself? Can this be serviced and fixed or is it a lost cause?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 yrs old - model PVM1790DR1BB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is just a fuse.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, again is there a fuse inside the unit itself?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
6/18/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 month ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

There is a fuse inside mounted on the Noise Filter Board and the fuse is replaceable, and its likely that is the fuse that is blown. You will have to disassemble the unit in order to access the fuse. See image below for location of board with fuse :

click here for image

Here is a video showing how to disassemble the unit in order to access the board - click here for video

The video is a video showing how to replace the magnetron which I know you don't need to do but it shows how to take it apart.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 month ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.