Connect one-on-one with a verified appliance technician who will answer your question

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

More related answers
All appliance technicians are VERIFIED
Maytag washer MVWX600XW lid locks then immediately unlocks.
Mr Repair
Mr Repair, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
Maytag washer MVWX600XW lid locks then immediately unlocks. The locking mechanism looks good.… read more
My GE front load washer is not washing anymore. When I press
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Maitenance Supervisor
My GE front load washer is not washing anymore. When I press start, it locks, then unlocks for a second, then locks again, starts making noises like it's trying to wash, but nothing happens. Bin won't… read more
We have a whirlpool washing machine with a problem. The door
Master Tech
Master Tech, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
We have a whirlpool washing machine with a problem. The door is locked. It does not unlock when we press the lock control button. The lock sensing light is flashing rapidly. Machine will not respond t… read more
whirlpool cabrio washer press the start button...lid locks,
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Owner
whirlpool cabrio washer: press the start button...lid locks, unlocks then locks. Sensing light is on, cycle tries to start, lid lock light begins to flash, and nothing else happens.… read more
The door is locked and wont unlock. The press control pad
Mike, Owner
The door is locked and won't unlock. The press control pad sometimes lights up but does not function. Is there a way to re-set the controls and unlock the door.… read more
ge washer WCVh68000j1ww, washer fills tub, drains and then
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Outside inhome service tech
ge washer WCVh68000j1ww, washer fills tub, drains and then unlocks doors with blinking "start/pause" light. If we press it again it repeats. If we put the cycle to "drain spin", the washer spins very … read more
I have a Whirlpool Duet washer, when I press the hold to start
Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Appliance Repair Technician
I have a Whirlpool Duet washer, when I press the hold to start button it will click the door will lock but nothing after that. Some times I get error msg's (an F and then DL) but it won't start the lo… read more
My washer door is locked and it wont open, even when I press
Chas
Chas, Master Appliance Repair Technician
My washer door is locked and it won't open, even when I press the unlock button. Both that light and the pause/cancel light are both red. Help!!!… read more
My dryer starts when I press the start button but stops immediately
Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Appliance Technician
My dryer starts when I press the start button but stops immediately when I stop pressing. What is the problem?… read more
we have a front load washer 5000 series sometime the door locks
Appliance Tech Larry
we have a front load washer 5000 series sometime the door locks and fwon't unlock it says to press pause to unlock but we haven't had any luck with that yet today what can we do to unlock it? thanks… read more
I have a whirlpool washer. When i start it the door locks then
Kelly, Appliance Technician
I have a whirlpool washer. When i start it the door locks then nothing happens. I have replaced thye door lock and it does the same thing. It is stacked and in a closet so it is difficult to work on.… read more
Close door on washer. Door shows locked and is but when i press
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Close door on washer. Door shows locked and is but when i press start it beeps twice . Nothing else happens start button keeps blinking… read more
My Neptune will not start the cycle. I press start, the door
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
My Neptune will not start the cycle. I press start, the door locks, the it unlocks, won't go further… read more
When we try to start the washer it doesn't start and then
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
When we try to start the washer it doesn't start and then when we press the cancel button it just flashes door locked and we are unable to get the door open. It is a Maytag Maxima front loader … read more
My washer clicks off instead of starting cycle. It locks,
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
My washer clicks off instead of starting cycle. It locks, then unlocks (the lid) almost immediately. … read more
I have a whirlpool duet WFW94HEX washer. When I powered up,
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Maitenance Supervisor
I have a whirlpool duet WFW94HEX washer. When I powered up, setup for a wash. When I press Start the door gets locked but it does not start. Tried powering off and on but door remains locked but won't… read more
I press the clean button in error and the over door locked.
Mike, Owner
I press the clean button in error and the over door locked. I pressed cancel, but the door will not unlock. I checkedin my manual and used the instructions there pressing bake time and stop time at th… read more
Our Whirlpool washer (front loading) door is in locked mode,
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Our Whirlpool washer (front loading) door is in locked mode, seems to be stuck in drain mode. Is there a way to unlock the door to remove the clothes? … read more