Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I changed my water filter in my Whirlpool fridge. Thought I…

Hi. I changed my...

Hi. I changed my water filter in my Whirlpool fridge. Thought I followed right procedure to turn off the change filter light but am locked in to "cooling off". It is actually cooling off. I don't want that. How do I cancel that function so fridge will cool again?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model was probably purchased by the builder in early 2016. Where do I look for the model info you need?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes unless it requires a tech.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Are you a bot?

6/12/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Ok. Give me a minute.
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Not just yet. Here is the full model number WRS973CIDM00

Thank you. Give me a minute to type.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
ok. Done. Txs.