Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer is not running cycles properly. I've reset motor but…

Washer is not running...

Washer is not running cycles properly. I've reset motor but it doesn't agitate or spin

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE model WHRE5550K2WW Approx 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Belt is in place and tight. It will rotate but very slowly

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

On top of the wash motor, under the metal cover, is a flashing light. How many flashes between pauses, please? It may help to turn the room light off to make it easier to see the light.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Just 1 flash between pauses

Are the pause and the flash equal in length, one second between?

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I'd rather continue this way if possible please

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
equal flash
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Understand.

The attached pages show ho to enter the diagnostic cycle to retrieve the stored error codes. Can you do so and post the codes you find stored, please?

e211999c-3c12-443e-8b34-...jpge211999...jpg91a31e5c-9658-48c5-8b3e-...jpg91a31e5...jpg60919eb5-3832-4c79-bcbc-...jpg60919eb...jpg
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
I changed cycles prior to this and the washer is spinning now.

The control may have issues or it may have just been able to reset. It is also possible that the pressure hose is partially plugged. If it hangs up again, let me know. I can also send you the service manual so you have it on hand. I will send that option.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Ok I can download manual on my computer and print. Hopefully this has fixed the issue as I can't afford many more issues with this machine
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Thank you! God bless!

I agree, these have been problematic and the repairs are usually not inexpensive!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician

The manual may be downloaded at the link below.

CLICK HERE