Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice dispenser doesn’t drop the ice,you can hear the

The ice dispenser doesn’t...

The ice dispenser doesn’t drop the ice,you can hear the motor but nothing comes out.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE profile model # PTC22SFMARBS,not sure how old I bought it from a friend

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I’m just wanting to get it checked out

6/8/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Can you pull the ice bucket out and inspect the round part in the back to see if it is broken? See the picture below for comparison.

CLICK HERE

If that piece is broken, it will need to be replaced. If you hear the motor running, I suspect that is the issue.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Not broke

If you manually turn that part, does the metal auger turn?

Won't turn at all

Okay, so something is jammed in the auger assembly. Do you see anything up front where all of the crusher blades are, like a piece of broken plastic?

Kelly, Appliance Technician