Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE Profile microwave touchpanel is not responding, stuck on…

Customer Question
GE Profile microwave touchpanel...

GE Profile microwave touchpanel is not responding, stuck on enter time, but doesn’t take keypad input

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2009

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model #PVM2070SM4SS

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you.. did this suddenly happen to the touch pad or gradual?

This is a 2nd home and I haven’t been here in about a month. Didn’t notice anything before then. Been some power outages

the control board is shorted out probably from the power surges and needs to be replaced. Are you going to do the work yourself?

20

on diagram

Microwave control panel

Parts #: WB07X11305

$ 388.27

In Stock searspartsdirect.com

Oh wow!! the part is very expensive

I can swap out the board. Is there any way to check for sur.

you may be able to get it from amazon or ebay a lot cheaper

Ok, thanks

its expensive because of the age of the machine,, the price of parts go up the older they get

you probably come out better getting a new microwave because of the age of it

want me to see if ebay has it?