Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE Profile bottom freezer refrigerator has been running…

Customer Question
My GE Profile bottom...

My GE Profile bottom freezer refrigerator has been running non-stop for 2 weeks. It will no longer cycle yet appears to be holding the correct temperature. What is wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

PDS18SBMCRBS. 2003

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
6/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector replied 2 months ago
Jarrett Baker
Jarrett Baker, Building Inspector

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your refrigerator. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. I understand your question to be"My GE Profile bottom freezer refrigerator has been running non-stop for 2 weeks. It will no longer cycle yet appears to be holding the correct temperature. What is wrong ?" So to answer;

typically when a compressor runs non stop, it indicates a refrigerant leak, as the compressor is struggling to produce cold refrigerant for the freezer. I would have someone look at it and see if it is still properly charged with refrigerant. The other possibility is that the refrigerant coils are dirty and dusty and can no longer transfer the designated temperature, in which I would clean with a shop vac and brush.

“Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Thank you for posting your question. – Your business is very valuable to us.- J Baker

The answer I received was not helpful. The real problem was the fan from the freezer to the refrigerator. It was iced over. Dethawing it solved the problem. Money wasted and never using again.