Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ge profile stove it was on self clean my daughter the clean…

Customer Question
Ge profile stove it...

Ge profile stove it was on self clean my daughter the clean button by mistake while it was cleaning continued to clean but the after that the controls will not work for anything clock etc can not turn on the oven the light for the oven works is their a rest code to restart the controls

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 2006 can not find a number its a double oven

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How can I fix it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You shouldn't need to reset anything, it should reset on it's own. If the stove is acting up, try to unplug it or flip the breaker off for 5 minutes once the oven has cooled (if it hasn't already). Then try to use the oven and if the buttons don't respond, make sure the display doesn't show LOC or a pad lock symbol like the control lock is engaged. If the control lock isn't an issue and it's won't respond, it sounds like the control panel has failed and would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.