Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Moved into a 14 year old home...first use of the oven to…

Moved into a 14...

Moved into a 14 year old home...first use of the oven to bake it would not turn off when we activated the off button. I Turned off the 50 A breaker. Any thoughts?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

I dont know the history of the Oven except it is the original 2003. Got nothing when we bought the home...manuals etc

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model # JT912SOKISS 2.7 KW GE Profile I probably would not do the repair and check up myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Let me know what you think... I am located in Reno, NV

6/5/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If it did not shut off the bake relay in the clock control is likley stuck closed causing that issue. The relay powers the bake element and if it gets stuck closed then it will never shut off until you kill power to the unit. The bad news is they do not make the control anymore if you wanted it fixed you would have to send it to APPLIANCETIMERS.COM to get it repaired for that issue. Sorry for the bad news.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thanks for the opinion, the oven also took 30 min. to come up to temperature the first time we used it and pow there are 2 major problem now. Should we just replace it?

I would based on the model and age this will nickel and dime you otherwise.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician