Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator is not staying cold. Ge profile performance,

My refrigerator is not...

My refrigerator is not staying cold

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Ge profile performance, probably 15 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible,yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i know of

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/4/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post. I am helping other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

removed the back panel, fan is running but the compressor is hot.

OK so the compressor is not running correct? If not either the compressor is bad or the relay that starts the compressor is bad.

I have no idea, you are talking to a 50 year old women who is sitting behind her fridge, not knowing what the hell to do!!!!
it is vibrating, but is hot?????

OK that would mean that the system may have a restriction in the sealed system. Is the condenser clean and fan cooling it well?

what is the condenser?

That is the part next to the fan the black tubing that is in a square shape

ok, we have grey tubing.same thing?

Here is what the condenser looks like....CLICK HERE

Honestly based on the issue I would get a tech out I think this is beyond a simple DIY repair for sure.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician