Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have GE Profile SC1001H5502 serial AH 901580K. It says…

I have GE Profile...

I have GE Profile SC1001H5502 serial AH 901580K.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It says built in 2005 . Yesterday the light went off and now with the door closed it runs all the time. I have to turn off the power at the bos or keep the door open.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It is a Advantium 120. No i just want to know if it's fixable

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that's all the information

6/4/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So unfortunately the symptoms you're experiencing means that one of your door switches has failed. There are 3 door switches for safety reasons and usually the bottom one is the one that fails, but you'd need to remove the outer shell of the microwave and test the switches to know for certain which switch is bad. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the actual door switches inside your microwave to know which one to replace. Now access on your microwave my be slightly different since it's GE, but the overall process is the same.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc