Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

You were helping me on may 25 with evaporator fan/control…

Customer Question
You were helping me on...
You were helping me on may 25 with evaporator fan/control module problem. Just received and installed the correct control module. At control module I measure 14V from P7-9 to P7-5 (corresponds to white red at fan). I measure 12.7V between P7-9 and P7-10 (corresponds to white yellow at the fan) This is in diagnostic step 3. However, fan is not running. At Fan, I am measuring 10V between red white and I am measuring -0.6V between yellow white. Neither value is in range or expected. Seems like there may be a problem with the wiring harness between control module and the plug in the freezer where fan plugs in. You indicated there may be a patch. Can you help?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
6/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Can I get the units model number please?

I`m thinking this is on a Kitchen-Aid built in unit but not sure.

built in. KSSC36FKS00, SN: QM1206292.
I did not know how to bump a thread.

Ok these built in unit normally have a not used YELLOW wire that runs from the freezer section to the upper section .

It is in the wire harness and the quick connection plugs on both end but it is not connected to any thing if you find it you can wire the control Fan to the upper end of the yellow wire and then the freezer end to the fan

yellow w black is the control; we bypass this by using the yellow in the harness. Any suggestion as to best practice to do this or make splices at each end? It doesn't look like it would be easy to remove/relocate the pins in the connector at each end. There is plenty of access to wires at the top to make a splice but I am not sure about the area in the freezer.

just cut and splice the existing control wire for the fan into the yellow up top and to the same inside the freezer if you need to add more wire in the freezer you can do that also ,just make sure the connections in the freezer are water tight .

I can't locate the suggested yellow wire at the top of the unit. The only yellow wire i am seeing is from P4-4 that seems to power the refrigerator light.In my freezer there is a 9 pin connector, 3x3. Two positions are not populated with any connections. One is populated but there is no connection to anything in the freezer. This populated but unused pin connects to the pink wires at the connector at the top of the unit. This seems to correspond to P6-4 that connects to the bi-metal and defrost heater circuit. There are actually two pink wires that are jumped/tied together in that connector at the top. I guess I could cut then splice the pink wires together to preserve defrost heater operation then splice the yellowThe problem is in the freezer. I have no access to the wires in the harness behind the connector. That connection seems to snap in from behind.So, is did a more complete continuity check from freezer connector to top. When I connect to the pins shat should correspond to yellow/bk and yellow/rd both show open. But when I check at the top by crossing (yellow/rd at freezer but yellow black at top) there is continuity. I suspect that I was sent the wrong part number for the evaporator fan aassembly. Clearly, the yellow red and yellow black are crossed in the 3/3 connector that plugs into the back of the freezer.Could you please verify the proper evaporator fan assembly for me?

For this model I show a part number for the Evaporator fan motor of(###) ###-####