Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Can you tell me if the water inlet valve on a Samsung

Customer Question
Can you tell me...

Can you tell me if the water inlet valve on a Samsung RFG298HD is a duel inlet valve?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

RFG298HD. Both Ice makers stopped at the same time, but I'm still getting water through the door. Brand new water filter. The unit seems to be a little noisier than usual though, so I'm not sure if it's aboard, a fan, the valve?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.. thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
6/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you.. yes, it's a dual valve... are you replacing it yourself?

It depends on the complexity, but I'd assume so if the parts are relatively easy to get and the installation is somewhat straightforward.
Are you confident it's the valve?

it could also be the ice maker.. I would change the valve first because most of the time that's what it is